Sunday, May 10, 2009

Food for Thought

Last night I has some students come to visit. We were discussing different types of food that they like to eat (a very common topic). They always ask me if I like to eat dog, and of course I always say I am too afraid to try it. They started talking about how they like to eat frog. Which I have tried and I must say I am not a fan of it. They told me that in Vietnam they call frog the "chicken of the field". I thought that was so funny and told them that we call tuna the "chicken of the sea". I love it when I find little things that are similar in both of our cultures. It reminds me that maybe we aren't so different after all.

2 comments:

Susan Kimmel said...

that is interesting! :)

Emily said...

love you...miss you...think of you often...can't wait to see you...praying for you... :)