Saturday, June 6, 2009

Goodbye Vinh

I can’t believe it but in three more days I’ll be on my way back to Texas. Believe it or not I have to close this chapter and opening another one. So, last night I had a goodbye party. And what a party it was! I think about 80 of my students came to say goodbye. They were crammed into my room, sitting outside on the balcony, and stuffed into Sandy’s room. I don’t think there could have been more students in my little room.



I have made some really good friends this year and it was so fun to have all of them come to celebrate a wonderful year together. Many of them told me that I wasn't just their teacher but their sister. Which is a really big compliment in Vietnam. A sister is someone that they hold very dear and close in their hearts. There are so many precious students here in Vinh and I am very sad to leave them. I wish I could stay but I know there is a plan that is bigger than what I can see.


To finish the night off I busted out the sparklers. Nothing says party to me like fireworks. It was really fun seeing the excitement in everyone's face, but also cool for to feel like I have passed some of my light onto them.



Good year, good friends, and good growth!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hi Megan,

I can't believe that I never knew you had a blog and just found it tonight, after I had found David's blog also for the first time!

I hope you enjoyed your summer and are ready to head back for another year. It's a bummer having to say goodbye to students after having spent a whole school year with them. After reading a few of your posts and looking at the pictures, I think you will also have a great time with the students in HP. It's so great to know that you can get that close with them. I think you'll be greatly used.
By the way, sooner or later, you need to come to the realization that California IS the best state in the US.
See you in HN!