Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Marathon

Wow, the past two weeks have been so crazy! I wrote in my last post all about my parties that I had for my students. It was really a lot of fun to have all of my students come to visit my room. It is amazing at how small my room gets when you cram 30 students in it! I love seeing how they are becoming less and less shy. But besides those three parties the week before Christmas on Wedesday and Thursday I judged a singing contenst. Then on Saturday Sandy and I had a party for our close friends which turned out to be about 50 or 60 people in our rooms. Before the party for our freinds the Thai students that Sandy teaches came over and cooked us dinner. They are so much fun and always make me laugh! It is really funny how different the Thai students are from the Vietnamese students. They keep Vinh University on it's toes!


After dinner there were about 50 or 60 students that came over to celebrate Christmas with us. We made them Christmas cookies, told stories about our favorite Christmas memories, and cut out lots of snowflakes. It was really good to spend time with all of my freinds that I have made here. It was also good to see that this semester here I have made lots of really good freinds. Somtimes it is hard to see the impact you are making until you take a step back and look at the big picture. Our father has definitly blessed me with some wonderful freinds here! As the party was winding down one of our freinds pulled some sparklers out of his jacket! I was so excited because as some of you may not know I LOVE fireworks.

It was such a wonderful way to end our party. Then on Sunday night our department at the university help a party for the Catholic students to celebrate Christmas. It was good to see many students all together that hold the same beleifs as me. And of course they asked me to sing some songs for them.

So I got up and sang jingle bells and silent night. In the middle of singing silent night the keyboardist thought that she needed to throw down a techno beat. It was an interesting intepretation of what silent night should sound like. But I think the coolest part is that most of the students knew silent night in Vietnamese. So they sang it along with me but in a different language. I have sang so many times for students now that when they come up and tell me afterwards that I sing so beautifully that I am starting to beleive them. I can tell you one thing I am definitly improving from my "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" performance.
Thank you to everyone that has been lifting me up over the holiday season. I really feel like I am so blesses over here. I know that things are happening and I am so greatful to be able to celebrate the birth of our savior with my freinds over here.

1 comment:

Bryant Family said...

I will make sure Jordan is aware of your soloist talents when you return to NW next summer.