Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Whole New World.

Last week went to the Confusion temple of literature in Hanoi. It was really interesting seeing a place that is such a big part of the Vietnamese culture but is so foreign to different from anything in America. All Ican say is that Vietnam is truelly a different world from Fort Worth, Texas!

But I think I am going to like this new world!
These turtles are in the temple. Around exam time in Vietnam all of the university students will come and touch the heads of these turtles and then touch their head. They beleive that the wisdom from the mandarins that studied at this temple will get passed onto them. I even saw some of the kids that were there do it too.
I love all of the architeture here at these temples. I can't say that the rest of Hanoi looks like this though!

This is all of the new people that will be serving with me in Vietnam. None of them are in Vinh with me but they are now part of my family. They are all a lot of fun. It has been really nice to be surrounded by such loving and sweet people. It has made transitioning to living in Vietnam a lot easier.

1 comment:

paigechen said...

Meg!!! I'm glad to hear all is well so far, I miss you bunches already. I hate that I can't just pick up the phone and call you or stop by the house for a hug. I love you soooo much, think about you often, daddy and I have been talking about you too. :)